I suggest you ...

add tabbed navigation

GFE has tabbed navigation, and SREP can add in various third party data and tabs for them. But I'm a mortgage broker, not a realtor, and don't have listings to use with GRE. I'd love to have more of a tabbed navigation format for the local pages though.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathan RoyJonathan Roy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jonathan RoyJonathan Roy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes that's the idea I'm referring to Kiya. For example, I could have a page for Pinellas County or maybe a specific city, and have various items like that all on a single page with tabs you can change between (without needing to reload the page at different URLs). The GRE Wordpress plugin (Great Real Estate I think it is) does this nicely but it's tied into real estate listings, you add a listing then it has tabs for each of these things, all local to the address of the listing.

• KiyaKiya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if I understand correctly. But I would also like to use a tabbed navigation and "sort" the information. For example group schools, colleges and classes under a tabbed navigation titled "Education", one group about "Local Activities" with Walkscore, Yelp and Nileguide, and one "Market Statistics" with the Zillow market-stats and the ability to add other 3rd party widgets to the tabs. I would also like to format this page with HTML.

I have created a great layout like this using the shortcodes but it is bulky. The page loads very slowly and there is always something that doesn't work, that worked just fine the day before. I like the simplicity of using the /local/ page solution so I'd like to give this option a try and see if this works smoother than using shortcodes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base